Sunday, January 07, 2007

Laura Catherine Winkler, BSN

I'm finally done with undergrad! It flew by and, man, was it hard but worth every minute. I was pinned by the school of nursing on Dec 15th and graduated from UMHB on Dec 16th and finally posting the good news almost a month later. The picture below is my nursing school pin and cords. I was so glad to have my family there for the celebration.


Here's many of my classmates after graduation. And my friend Katie, who graduated from A&M and got her second bachelor's too.














Needless to say, things have been a little crazy since the end of school. But we made it through the holidays and basketball tournament are here now and I will be starting my new job at Presbyterian tomorrow. I will be working with the babies in the Special Care and Admission Nurseries. I am very excited about beginning the internship, working with babies and the paycheck will be nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laura, This is Whitney Searight Cox from A&M. Congrats on finishing RN school, I agree it was extremely hard. It seems like you are liking my old stomping grounds of Belton/Temple. I did not know that you and Katie Sessions were friends, she is so sweet. What field are you going into. Good Luck with the first RN job...you'll be great. Whitney