Saturday, November 18, 2006

Basketball season

Well it is that time of year again. Basketball season is here. There were times during football that I thought it would never come. We kicked of the season this weekend with a sub-varsity tournament in Whitney. I was not sure what kind of team I was going to have but I thought anything would be better than last year.
I thought that our first game was supposed to be against a team from a juvenile detention facility but it turned out that we had to play Fairfield instead. We were down most of the game but the kids fought back and we ended up winning 46-42. The next day we played Stephenville. We got down early in this game as well. In the third quarter we were down by 14. Once again the kids fought back but we ran out of time. We ended up losing by 48-47. Our game on Saturday was supposed to be and easy win. We played Whitney and during the whole tournament their Varsity coach kept telling me how bad their JV was. He was right. We jumped out to a ten point lead. In the 4th quarter the whole thing fell apart. We were outscored 23-8 in the 4th. According to dad the fans were wanted me throw out of the last game after I was arguing with the ref about his decision to eject one of my players after a hard foul. Overall, it was a rough weekend for Gatesville basketball. Hopefully the season gets better as it goes on.

No comments: