Thursday, April 19, 2007

Easter Weekend

This might be the last post for a while so enjoy(and yes I know that we just started putting stuff back up here after a long break)



This past Easter weekend I witnessed something in Temple that I haven't seen in a long time and never this far into Spring in Texas. We had a pretty good little snow storm. AND it stuck to the ground. I have never seen it snow as hard as it did that night. My guess is that we got some where between 4 and 6 inches of snow.


It started off as just a little snow....

And then it grew into a lot of snow.


It really wasn't even snow flakes that were falling. Instead it seemed like it was actually chunks of snow that were coming down. And it just kept coming.


I went out to get something for dinner and on my way back I was thinking that I would try to make a little snowman. I was thinking something in the 1 to 1.5 foot tall range. Well as I was pulling up to the house I see that some of our neighbors are make a pretty good sized snowman and I took that as a bit of a challenge. So I went out and I started to make my own snowman. This would be the first snowman that I have ever made by the way.


After I made him I started looking around for the accessories that you need to complete a snowman. I actually had some charcoal for the eyes. I found a hat that I deemed appropriate. I couldn't find any carrots for the nose though. However, I used a little Aggie ingenuity and found a suitable replacement...an orange can of OFF.

Not bad for my first snowman!

No comments: