Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What I Like About Texas...

As you guys know, I have been driving back and forth from Temple to Dallas spending my days off work getting the house ready to sell, enjoying time with Thomas and now packing. I can tell you things about I-35 that I never really wanted to know. I do know that I love Texas (the good, the bad and the ugly) and a couple things I really like are:


Texas Bluebonnets

They bloom at the first sign of spring, then before we know it are gone and the heat of the summer begins. I love springtime in Texas, whether it is 3 weeks or a month and a half.


The other thing I like about Texas are the farm roads that let you bypass the major highways and traffic. For my treks to College Station it was Hwy 14 through Mexia, my new road is:

You pick it up in Italy (after trying some rattlesnake jerky) and meet back up with ol' 35 in Elm Mott just north of Waco. It's a great little curvy, hilly farm road.

I have been planning this post for a couple weeks and have a couple of amendments that I discovered while trying to talk to Michele on my latest trip to Temple.

  1. They don't call it a FARM Road for nothing, passing tractors and farm implements that take up the entire road (on a 90 degree curve in the road) can be thrilling.
  2. The cell phone companies would go under if they didn't have I-35 completely covered with service, I don't think they are too concerned about the citizens of Irene, pop 200ish.

So that's a couple things I like about Texas.

No comments: